- Go through storage areas and toss out unneeded items. Hold a garage sale if needed.
- Hire a mover.
- Ask friends to return loaned items.
- Ask your doctor and dentist for recommendations in your new town.
- Ask doctors for copies of renewable prescriptions. Refill any prescriptions that are due.
- Arrange to have children’s school and medical records transferred.
- Find a bank and open checking and savings accounts.
- Close out old bank accounts before you move. Clean out your safe deposit box.
Sign up for the following services – and be sure to discontinue them at your old house:
- Waste removal
Change of Address
Make sure to change your address on the following:
- Post office
- Credit cards
- Vehicle registration
- Insurance – life, fire, house and health